Malam Mohammed Sani Bunza, has dragged NCS to court over son’s death

The father of late Abdulraham Sani, who was killed by the personnel of Nigeria Custom Service at Fingilla in Kebbi State, Malam Mohammed Sani Bunza, has dragged NCS to court demanding the sum of N300 million compensation for killing his son unlawfully.

The decease, late Sani, was killed in November last year by the personnel of Federal Operation Unit Zone B, when he made an attempt to intervened after the personnel of the service arrested some youth in kamba, Nigeria-Niger border town.

Speaking to Journalists on Sunday in Birnin Kebbi, the Council to the father of the deceased, Barrister Aminu kalgo, said the case was filed before the Federal High Court Birnin Kebbi on fourth of Febuary and that the case would be mentioned for hearing on Second March 2021.

Barrister Kalgo, said the father of the deceased instituted the case on behalf of his late son and his family and that he was demanding the sum of N300 million as compensation for unlawful killing of his son by the Customs personnel.

He said, the shooting to death of late Abdirahaman Sani on November, 10, last year by the personnel of NCS at Fingilla village near Kamba border post, was an absolute violation of the deceased’s right to life as guaranteed by section 33 (1) of 1999 constitution of federal republic of Nigeria as amended.

“Our prayers are, the court should direct the 1st Respondent (Nigeria Custom Service Board) and 2nd Respondent (Nigeria Custom Service) to issue a public apology to the Applicant, Father of the deceased”.

He said, the court should also order for the award of N300 million general damages against 1st and 2nd Respondents in compensation for late Abdulraham Sani’s life.

Abdullahi Tukur

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *